Learn the secrets, strategies, and frameworks behind the wins and careers of world-class marketers.
When I was a kid, I was obsessed with Super Mario Kart. Mark, my younger brother, and I would spend hours playing it together.
Unfortunately, I kept losing to him! I had to figure out how he kept beating me.
So I’d do any ten-year-old boy would do—I bribed him with candy and a months-worth of chores to tell me his secrets to winning.
Here’s the advice he gave me:
“You have to pick up the right kind of powerups, use the hidden shortcuts, and avoid the traps.”
Use the powerups
The more I think about it, that advice applies to many things.
Take a Rubik’s cube. One of my goals this year is to solve it under 30 seconds.
Now, I could go willy-nilly and spin corners randomly. But that could take days or even weeks to solve the cube.
With the right framework and algorithm, I can cut my solve time from hours to minutes, then seconds.
The same is true for marketing.
Marketing frameworks, techniques, and mental models can give you the shortcut to success sooner rather than later.
And that’s what the Marketing Powerups show is all about.
Introducing the Marketing Powerups Show
Marketing Powerups is a show for marketers looking to power up their marketing and career to the next level.
Each week, I interview world-class marketers to uncover three things:
- A marketing framework, strategy, or technique behind their wins.
- A real-world example of that powerup in action.
- A career powerup or tip that’s helped them take their marketing career to the next level.
The first four episodes are live!
I've already recorded 24 episodes!
Here are some of the guests that are coming up:
- Katelyn Bourgoin (CEO, Customer Camp) - The 5 F's of attention
- Amanda Natividad (VP of Marketing, SparkToro) - The webinar-to-blog content strategy
- Ryan McCready (Managing Editor, Reforge) - The "active" repurposing framework
- Emma Stratton (Founder, Punchy.co) - The S.M.I.T. concept to clearer messaging
- Marc Thomas (Head of Growth, Powered by Search) - The predictable growth methodology
- Jeremy Moser (CEO, Userp) - The 3-part copywriting framework
- Camille Trent (Head of Content, PearSignal) - The B.L.U.F. technique
I really think you'll enjoy the show, and it'll become one of your favorite podcasts.
Help share the word
If you could help share the word about the show. Here are a few ways to do so:
Share and forward this with a colleague or friend.
Thanks for all of your help!
A thank you to the sponsor
I wouldn’t have been able to deliver a high-production, video-first show without the founding sponsor of the show, 42/Agency.
Founded by my good friend, , 42/Agency is my #1 recommended demand generation agency for SaaS to help you drive demos and signups.
They’re a strategic partner that’s helped B2B SaaS companies like ProfitWell, Teamwork, Sprout Social, and Hubdoc build a predictable revenue engine.
If you’re looking for performance experts and creatives to solve your marketing problems at a fraction of the cost of in-house, look no further.
That's all for now!
Let me know what you think. Hit reply to let me know.
If you have suggestions for future guests and content, I'd love to hear them.
Have a powered-up day,
P.S. If you found this helpful, would you share the love by tapping on the heart below? And if you’re feeling generous, kindly forward this to colleagues or click the share button below.